This is coming a few days late because it has been a wild week or so, and I’m now contending with a horrid cold.
- The IT Crowd – This one was on my Netflix queue for like two years. I finally dug into it this past month. It is so cute and clever. I like the episodes where they go very meta. Definitely worth watching.
- Wolf Hall – I read the first of the trilogy this month and to be honest, I had mixed feelings. It was dense but that also made it very rich — like a Tolkien book only semi-true. I felt like some things were discussed in depth and some were kind of swept over when I wanted to know more. Overall though, if you can keep track of all the Thomases and Richards that make appearances, it’s a delicious, scandalous story based on real people and events.
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds – I carved pumpkins this month for Halloween and half the fun of doing that is the seeds you get out them! Don’t be foolish and waste them because I am telling ya, they’re so so tasty. My go-to recipe is coating the seeds in a wee bit of olive oil, 1 tbsp garlic salt, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp black pepper, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Spread them out on a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie tray and bake at 350 degrees until golden brown. Enjoy!
- Manhunt: Unabomber – Sam Worthington is one of those actors (like Carl Urban or Jon Bernthal in my opinion) that just hasn’t quite gotten his big break yet. He’s been in a ton of stuff but I feel like he’s waiting for his defining role. This probably isn’t it either, to be honest, but it is certainly a great display of his acting skills. It’s the story of the man who caught the Unabomber and the way his own life unraveled in the process. It’s all the more gripping because the Unabomber was a real guy who did real, horrible things because of his own twisted ideology.
- Hearthstone – Going back to this one after a while. It’s an oldie but a goodie. I would love to join some of you in a battle or two because I am rusty as hell. Hit me up and we’ll play!
This month will bring five more things I enjoy. Can’t wait to share them with you all.