1) Explorer’s Press – I found this brand in a little consignment shop called Hunter & Hare in Vancouver, B.C. The spirit in it reminds me of my dad and his friends in a lot of ways. 4x4s, camo, hunting, adventuring, camping, staying up late and raising hell! I got this patch because I thought it was fitting to pick up while traveling: https://explorerspress.com/collections/patches/products/travellers-crest-patch Yay for supporting local artists!
2) Halo Top – I’m obsessed with this ice cream. It is about 300 calories in an entire pint, it’s packed with protein, and it comes in really good flavors. I think the only ones I don’t care for are Red Velvet because that’s disgusting in general (don’t argue with me!) and Oatmeal Cookie because it was meh. Pro tip: Crumble a few pretzels into the Salted Caramel one and enjoy! 😛
Bonus, look at this weird ass commercial for it:
3) Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return – I used to watch MST3K as a kid, so I was both excited and a little nervous about this reboot not living up to my fond memories. I really love it though! Jonah Ray is doing a great job in the hero role and Patton Oswalt and Felicia Day as the villains? Come on. Gold.
Do yourself a favor and at least watch the Reptilicus episode.
4) Farm Sanctuary – I had the opportunity to transport an animal to this facility recently and take a tour while I was there, and I just have to give these guys props. It’s clear how much they love these animals by the care they provide.
Look at these cute lil turkeys! See the bandage on the white ones foot? It has a little infection so they’re taking care of it. 😥
5) Oxygen Not Included – You all know that I’m a fan of Klei’s Don’t Starve game, and this is there new venture! It feels more technical than Don’t Starve, but maybe that’s just because it takes place in space. You have to build your little people a bunker, make sure they have places to sleep, enough resources, sustainable oxygen levels, etc.
I’m new to it, but it’s just as addictive as Don’t Starve and I’m really getting into it. Check it out!
That’s it for this month. Stay tuned for more posts about LA Comic Con and the Labyrinth Masquerade I’ll be attending!