1. Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp – I’ve been a fan of the movie for a long time. I think the first time I watched it was back in middle school before a lot of the names in it got huge. I actually watched it because I went through a really big Michael Ian Black phase when he was on all of those Vh1 I love the… shows. What can I say? I’m a sucker for the funny guys.
The show was really great to binge watch. If you’re a fan of the original, or even if you just like weird, funny things, this is the show for you. I would also recommend watching the new doc on Netflix with tons of behind the scenes footage of making the movie. It was pretty great.
Now leave me alone with my can of mixed vegetables, will ya?
2. RedBubble.com – I discovered RedBubble while I was doing a post on Buzzfeed about gifts for fans of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I saw that the site was an amazing place for artists to take their artwork and turn it into bags, mugs, phone cases, t-shirts, etc. There are so many great treasures. Any fandom you belong to–there’s a shirt for that. I’ve already bought a couple items myself.
3. Dan Aragon – Speaking of great artwork, Ricky had this piece below made for my birthday a couple of months ago by his friend Dan who is an awesome dude and artist. Check out his website for some of his work or stalk him on IG/wordpress/deviantart. The back of the illustration was a coupon to get my next tattoo. (I will have a follow-up in September about the tattoo artist assuming it goes well.) Clearly, I love french bulldogs, I love tattoos, and I love Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.
Note: I am wearing my Fifth Element tank top here because this is just that amazing.
4. Instamorph – I’ve been working with instamorph plastic to make a mask for Halloween. Bit of a trial and error process, but overall I’m impressed. It is easily moldable and great for small projects. I would recommend for cosplay accessories and for any kind of craft that involves small plastic pieces. If you’re into table top gaming (I will also discuss this in September) then I would recommend Instamorph for making small custom tokens/pawns.
5. The Addams Family – I honestly had forgotten how great the movie is. I loved the show growing up (and The Munsters of course!), but I had forgotten how solid The Addams Family and Addams Family Values are. I re-watched them recently and they actually hold up quite well. Man, who doesn’t want a romance like Morticia and Gomez? Cara mia! Mon cher! Also seriously considering naming my future child Wednesday.