I’ve had some requests for video game suggestions for people who experience motion sickness like I do, so I’ve compiled a short list of games that might interest you sicklings out there. This is largely based on my Steam library so a lot of them are going to be PC games. Definitely hit me up if you need any information on these (system compatibility, pricing, etc.) or want to know my personal experience with them aside from having a good time.
Adventure is out there!
- Diablo III (If you’re up on your memes, you probably know that this game just came out and it’s a BFD)
- Plants vs Zombies
- Alice: Madness Returns
- Worms (Armageddon and Reloaded)
- Dracula: Origins
- The Secret of Monkey Island
- Sherlock Holmes (I liked Awakened and Nemesis best I think)
- Sid Meier’s Pirates
- Peggle, Droplitz, Cogs, Shatter, etc. (these are just silly little arcade/puzzle games)
- Nancy Drew (I’m on the advisory panel for HerInteractive, so I’m a bit biased here. They’re great games for young girls though.)
- Sam & Max
- Any of the Tycoon games (i.e. Rollercoaster Tycoon)
- Batman: Arkham City (this one is surprising, but if I only play for like an hour at a time or so, I’m fine)
- Bioshock (also surprising but I didn’t have trouble playing or watching someone else play)
- Portal 2 (again, easy does it and you should be okay)
- Team Fortress 2
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Soul Calibur 4
- Super Mario World
- Donkey Kong Country
- Mortal Kombat
And of course there are a ton of flash games you can play that won’t make you sick. I like Tetris, Scrabble Blast, etc.
I’m looking forward to trying the new Game of Thrones, as well as Walking Dead. I hope that I can stomach them even though they’re first person. We’ll see. I heard Game of Thrones was crap, but I have enjoyed it in the other mediums so I probably won’t be able to resist at least trying.